Mental Health First Aid Awareness
This free, 2-hour awareness session is for anyone who may want or need to support people’s mental health in their local community. Most people will struggle with their mental health at some point in their lives and having someone to talk to can have a huge impact.
In the session, we will look at:
- The role you will play within your community in relation to mental health
- Possible signs and symptoms we may see
- Holding a potentially life-saving conversation by following the process of C A R E
- When to call the GP or the Emergency Services
- Signposting to local support organisations
- An overview of different mental health conditions
- Knowing how to recognise and manage stress
- The importance of mindfulness and self-care
Through free training and an ongoing support network, the session aims to build your confidence by equipping you with the knowledge to help others.
We would love you to come along and get involved, share your ideas and experiences and help us make mental health a topic that we all feel comfortable talking about
Sessions will be taking place across Huddersfield throughout 2021/22.
Please complete the enquiry form and we will be in touch with dates and venues.
Everyday Mental Health Overview
Training Overview and Testimonials